Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New Tricks!


Let's see what the little one has been doing since I last updated...

* Not only do I kick my mommy all the time, but now I kick my Daddy too!
* I have learned where my mommy's bladder is and I like to kick it to get a reaction out of her!
* I can throw a punch and a kick all at the same time!
* I am so strong now, that if you stare at my mommy's belly, you can see my spastic karate moves!
* I weigh almost ONE WHOLE POUND!
* I made my mommy gain 6 lbs in 4 short weeks!
* I like to kick people who talk to me! I learned to do this in the middle of the night when mommy was at work :)
* I already have my days and nights mixed up...good thing my mommy is a night shifter...poor daddy!!
* And last but not least, I am no longer hiding, I have made it very apparent that I am taking residence in my mommy's belly!

Today we had our 22 week appointment with Dr, Valido. It was a very short appointment, I think we were in and out of there in 15 minutes! I am happy to say that I have FINALLY gained weight! 6 whole pounds to be exact! The nurse said she was going to have a talk with me if the scale read what it had for the past 2 months. Haha. The doc said all my vitals were good and the baby's heart rate was in the mid-140's. I told him about some cramping that I have been experiencing for a while now and he said it was more than likely what they call round ligament pain. He says the pain is coming from the stretching of my uterus. I assumed that is what it was, but I was starting to get paranoid, because it seems like I always have some degree of cramping everyday. He said unless it gets very painful or is timeable, then there is no reason to be concerned.

As you read above, this baby is a moving machine. It cracks me up every time. You would think that I am used to it by now, but every time he/she moves, I stop what I am doing and wonder what the heck the little nut is doing in there! I love every second! Chad had his face by my belly last night and every time he talked to the baby it would kick near his face. I was cracking up at how deliberate the movements were!

Well as it turns out, I have won the battle with paint colors! Not that Chad stood a chance anyway :) We bought four paint samples, and I put them all on the wall last week. We had a green, blue, yellow, and beige to choose from. I really thought we would want to do green, but the green that matched the bedding made the room too dark. I was between the yellow and the beige and Chad liked the blue. It is a pretty blue/teal color, but my argument was there is a good deal of blue in the bedding, and I wanted to pick a less dominant color so it would bring out that color in the bedding. The yellow and green aren't as prominent colors in the bedding, and with the green being too dark, that left us with yellow...so that was my choice! Our photographers told Chad on our wedding day "a happy life is a happy wife," I think this quote is very appropriate for this situation and many others for that matter!

3 comments:

  1. So cute Emily...What an exciting time for you. Wanted to tell you that I also had some cramping every day of my pregnancy...They would come and go. Good luck to you sticking out on the night shift. I finally got a job offer to work days at Children's but I will miss the shift diff....for sure. You look great..enjoy this..I missed feeling my babies kick inside me when they were born. p.s....its patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy wife = happy life is something that ray has been continuously reminded of by others since we've been married!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear everything is going well Emily!!! Jason didn't even pretend to think he had a chance with the Nursery colors, decor, etc! I'm thinking it's because we're also in the middle of a big bathroom & kitchen renovation where he gets to make plenty of decisions and voice his opinions! He's also learning however, that a happy wife = happy life... so glad we both picked such fast learners!! Keep posting - I love keep updated on how you and your peanut are doing!

    ReplyDelete