Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

FULL TERM!

I am happy to say that as of this week, I am FULL TERM! Although I feel quite BIG, I don't feel like I am carrying a full term baby. While I have gained the appropriate amount of weight and I have always measured within a week of my gestation, a lot of people say I don't look 37 weeks along. This has made me slightly paranoid that maybe the baby is not very big, but then I am told by friends and family not to worry and that a 5 foot 3 inch person can only get so big. My doctor doesn't seem worried at all and she said some people just carry differently. I feel that I have carried low this whole time, but it is hard to say, because one day I wasn't showing and then somewhere in my 23rd-25th week I had a belly. If I thought I was low then, then as far as I'm concerned, the baby is about to fall out now!

I have been feeling great besides being uncomfortable and not sleeping well, but I am not sure there is a 37 week pregnant woman out there that doesn't have the same complaint. I have had no issues since my last doctor's appointment, so that is a relief! At my 37 week appointment, my weight was the same for the second week in a row and all my vitals were good. I am still one centimeter dilated and 50% effaced. The midwife that I saw said the baby was pretty high up still, whereas the doctor last week said the baby was super low. I'm not sure if this is just difference of opinions, or if somehow the baby moved back up, but if it did, then he/she didn't get the memo that it's supposed to move in the OTHER direction.

In other news...Chad and I celebrated our two year wedding anniversary on May 23rd! I can't believe it has been two years! We had dinner reservations, got all dressed up, went to my parents house to take a few pictures and then headed to dinner. On our way to dinner, we started hearing sirens and the clouds started to roll in. Sure enough by the time we get to the restaurant, a huge storm had rolled in with tornado warnings. The parking lot at the restaurant was empty and sure enough, the manager said the electricity had gone out and the kitchen was closed. He did offer for us to sit at the bar and get some drinks and he could serve us food from the raw bar...Clearly this guy has never been around pregnant women before. What exactly can I drink from the bar and eat from the raw bar?? NADA! Thanks anyways. It was so sad that we couldn't go out to dinner for our anniversary, but everything was closed due to the storm. We ended up ordering pizza and rescheduling our dinner plans for Friday night. Stupid weather. The last two years have been wonderful, but something tells me this third year is going to be the BEST yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment