Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, May 16, 2011

Spoiled Little Peanut :)

On April 30th my amazing friend, Sara, threw us the most beautiful baby shower!! Her and Mama Hovie were the best hostesses and everything was just perfect! It was a fun day full of AMAZING FOOD (did I mention Sara is a chef?), wonderful friends & family, and for once...good weather!! The boys were invited as well, but they did more hanging out/beer drinking than baby shower festivities. It was so good to see everyone and of course we got more baby stuff than we know what to do with! This baby will not go without that is for sure! My wonderful and hilarious friend Ashley was in charge of games, and I must say she did a good job especially after I begged her not to do anything too corny or embarrassing!! One game was sniffing the dirty diaper! While I was not embarrassed by this game, I think my poor grandma was mortified. Not sure if any of you girls out there have played this game, but it is pretty gross and funny all at the same time!

I must say the highlight of the shower (besides the food and cupcakes of course) was when Chad's mom made him come into the room full of women. She gave him a card and insisted he read it out loud for the group to hear. I am pretty sure the entire room was in tears listening to Chad read this little note. He could hardly read it himself he was laughing so hard. I don't think he expected to ever see this letter again after 1990. I will copy it word for word and include all spelling errors...

Chad's very first run away letter:

Dear Barb and joe

I'm sorry for what I did but you are to vilant Dad so I thing I should leave. I'm leaving everything to the grandparents you probably won't see me tommorrow so good bye forever.

from your x-son
Chad

P.S this ain't no joke trust me. I'll probably go to one of the people in the family in live there. you should have thought before you leaped because you lost a son and a companion. I won't forget you (except this part was s
cratched out in pencil...lol). mom you may injoy it without me around. here is a 49ers neclas for you dad and a heart for mom.


SO freakin' funny!!!!!! This will most definitely be going in a frame!!




Thank you to everyone who came to our shower and made it such a special day! I have thanked Sara and her mom over and over but I just cannot thank them enough! We are so lucky and blessed to have such amazing people in our lives and I cannot wait to share our little one with everyone! I will post more pictures from the shower as soon as I can get my hands on some :)

No comments:

Post a Comment