Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, January 3, 2011

All Day Sickness!

I just have to say that I am SO JEALOUS of the women that do not experience all-day-sickness!! Starting at about five and a half weeks I was so nauseous I could hardly do anything! As if the 24-7 nausea wasn't bad enough, the vomiting that started at 8 weeks was a nice cherry on top! I could not eat or drink anything! I couldn't even take my vitamin! Poor Chad had to cook and do the grocery shopping from 5-12 weeks! Almost everyday I would go from my bed to the couch and I dreaded going into work. "Hi my name is Emily and I will be taking care of your baby...please excuse me while I throw up in this trash can!" Yea, I knew that wasn't going to go over so well. It finally got to the point where I had to ask my doctor for medicine because I could not call into work sick. He started off giving me phenergan which made me too sleepy! I couldn't afford to work in an ICU while being nauseous and drowsy, so he finally gave in and gave me the miracle drug...ZOFRAN! I love this drug and I don't think I could have made it through without it! It worked within two minutes of taking it and it did not make me feel like a zombie!

At my nine week appointment, I told my doc I was worried that my lack of food/liquid intake was causing harm to the baby. He reassured me that I would have to be at the point of starvation to cause harm to the baby. He told me that anything the baby needs, he/she is going to take from me before I can use it. He said to try and stay hydrated since the vomiting can cause severe dehydration and to not worry about what I eat and just eat when I feel like I can.

Everyone kept telling me that I will feel like a new person once I hit the 12 week mark, so I counted down the days. I would say I started feeling a little better at 13 weeks. I still have my moments of nausea, but they are few and far between...THANK GOD! While "morning sickness" is quite dreadful, I would go through a heck of a lot worse for this tiny little peanut I am carrying!! One trimester down, two to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment