Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, January 3, 2011

October 7th, 2010

October 7th was a special day that will go down in the book as one of the best days of my life! Even though I had a week's worth of positive pregnancy tests hidden in my underwear drawer, I was still not convinced it was true, hence why I had not said anything to my husband! I did not want to get both of our hopes up if I was not 100% sure there were TWO lines on that pee stick! So on Oct. 7th I decided to go to target and buy something that said "I LOVE DADDY!" We were packing for my best friend Kelly's wedding that day and since Chad was not home from work yet, I decided to put the I LOVE DADDY towel and onesies, plus all 10 positive pregnancy tests in the suitcase, so when he opened it to pack, he would get a nice little surprise! When Chad got home from work, I was sitting on the couch patiently waiting for him to go upstairs and pack! He goes upstairs and my heart begins to race! After about 10 minutes, he comes back downstairs and sits on the couch next to me. He doesn't say anything, so I ask him if he finished packing. He said yes. So I said "AND???" He just looks at me like I am crazy! I said "are you not going to say anything about what was in the suitcase?" and he said "what are you talking about?" At this point I was ready to KILL HIM! Annoyed with me, he goes back upstairs to see what I was making such a fuss about. It turns out that my genius husband packed all of his stuff ON TOP of the baby stuff and positive pregnancy tests and did not even see them! When he went back upstairs he finally came downstairs with a big smile on his face. I just could not believe he packed all of his stuff without noticing anything!! After about 5 minutes of being annoyed with him for ruining my surprise I finally forgave him and told him that I had been taking positives tests all week long!!

The next day we flew to NJ to see my best friend get married! It was a perfect weekend and she was a stunning bride! I knew it was going to be SO HARD to keep this secret from all of my best girlfriends, but Chad and I pulled it off quite well! He kept going to the bar and getting me cranberry & orange juice drinks that looked like cocktails! 12 weeks later everyone was like "but Em you were drinking at Kel's wedding..." They couldn't believe that I had managed to pull that one off!

So October 7th is the day I like to think of as the beginning of the best journey of our life!


No comments:

Post a Comment